Bookmark and Share

Friend...


A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be.  ~Douglas Pagels

Only your real friends will tell you when your face is dirty.  ~Sicilian Proverb


A loyal friend laughs at your jokes when they're not so good, and sympathizes with your problems when they're not so bad.  ~Arnold H. Glasgow

The friend is the man who knows all about you, and still likes you.  ~Elbert Hubbard, The Notebook, 1927

The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend.  ~Henry David Thoreau

Our most difficult task as a friend is to offer understanding when we don't understand.  ~Robert Brault

The language of friendship is not words but meanings.  ~Henry David Thoreau

We are not enemies, but friends.  We must not be enemies.  Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.  The mystic cords of memory will swell when again touched as surely they will be by the better angels of our nature.  ~Abraham Lincoln

He who has a thousand friends has not a friend to spare, and he who has one enemy will meet him everywhere.  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friendship is Love, without his wings.  ~Lord Byron, L'Amitié est l'Amour sans Ailes

A good friend is a connection to life - a tie to the past, a road to the future, the key to sanity in a totally insane world.  ~Lois Wyse

A friend can tell you things you don't want to tell yourself.  ~Frances Ward Weller

If you're alone, I'll be your shadow.  If you want to cry, I'll be your shoulder.  If you want a hug, I'll be your pillow.  If you need to be happy, I'll be your smile.  But anytime you need a friend, I'll just be me.  ~Author Unknown

The best way to mend a broken heart is time and girlfriends.  ~Gwyneth Paltrow

What is a friend?  A single soul dwelling in two bodies.  ~Aristotle

I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.  ~Thomas A. Edison

In my friend, I find a second self.  ~Isabel Norton

No comments:

Post a Comment